Get more free* interview tips:
Check out top interview questions:
Looking for interview tips? In this video, we dissect an entire job interview from start to finish. We analyze everything from common interview questions to etiquette and how to follow up. Our key takeaways are:
– Your interview begins the moment you step in the building. Have good posture, keep eye contact, and treat everyone you encounter with respect.
– Once in the interview, you’ll likely be asked why you’re interested in the role. To answer this, think about your past experience and how the role lines up with your future goals.
– Don’t speak negatively about past places you’ve worked. Instead, talk about things you’ve learned.
– Practice polite, confident body language. Miming the interviewer’s posture can create a sense of connection.
– Have a shortlist of questions prepared for the interviewer. Ask questions you would have if you got the job. Even if you don’t have any questions, asking a few shows that you came prepared and that you care.
– Follow-up with the hiring manager within 24-hours of the interview. This can be a quick note thanking them for their time, or a longer one that elaborates on some of the things you talked about.
Explore ways to connect with your interviewer:
Learn how to write an interview “thank you” email:
Indeed is the world’s #1 job site, with over 250 million unique visitors** every month from over 60 different countries. We provide free access to search and apply for jobs, post your resume, research companies, and compare salaries. Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. On our YouTube channel, you’ll find tips and personal stories to help you take the next step in your job search.
*Terms, conditions and quality standards apply.
**Google Analytics, Unique Visitors, September 2018
#interviewtips #howtointerview #interviewquestions